Monday, December 1, 2014

First Quilt Experience!

Well, the first clue for the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt came out on the 28th, but with the holiday and black Friday shopping, I haven't gotten much done. I've never made a quilt before and for me the hardest part is the cutting. Not just cutting, but cutting accurately. I also had to play around with my seam allowance to get my squares to come out the right size.


This is the easy angle ruler for making half square triangles, easy to use once I got it to stop sliding around.

For clue one I used my 1951 Centennial Singer 66.

So for the first day of cutting and sewing here is what I have accomplished. I still have quite a few half square triangles to cut and sew and then assembly of the block, but I have until Friday when the next clue comes out. 

Here is the link up address.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great. You did a great job on your blocks and got your blog up and going too.

    ReplyDelete